Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I'm Slacking ALREADY

I need some motivation TERRIBLY. I'm not behind, I'm just not ahead as I had planned to be. (sigh) Guess some things never change. I can't seem to get into my schoolwork. I can do it, no problem. I just don't seem to care about it. And all my classes are interesting enough to me where I find myself reading more than I have to. I probably could sit down and read my textbooks in one sitting, thats how interesting the classes are.

However, I can't seem to get into the idea of due dates, doing discussion board postings, studying for quizzes, and all that other "extra" stuff that comes along with taking classes. I so wish I could just learn for the sake of learning. I'd probably do much better. Because learning for tests only make me do just that--learn just enough for the test. I think after I get my degree, I'm going to continue to take classes, but I may just audit them. Where I will take them for personal enjoyment and no grade. Some say its a waste of money, and I agree. But shit, I have a friend with a $100,000 forensic science degree (which she paid for in loans that she is going to have to pay back) and she graduated in May and still does not have a job. Now that is a waste of money to me.

And that made me think about all the people who ask me what my major is and I say "Sociology" and then they always ask, "so what are you going to do with that." And I'm like, "I'm going to graduate with it." And then they all look at me crazy, so I change my story to "Oh I'm probably gonna go to grad school, get my masters, and maybe my doctorate one day since I am a Gates Millenium Scholar and they will pay for my schooling." That answer always gets people off my back. But I have no true intentions to do anything with my sociology degree specifically. I don't necessarily want to be a social worker, I would. But I don't really want to go back to school and get my masters just yet, if at all.

So I guess next time somebody asks me what I'm going to do with my degree I will say, "I'm going to use my degree to get an entry level job that I know I could do without my degree but they require me to have it. Then I will work my way up in the company, and save enough money to pay off debts and build my credit back up. And then hopefully be able to quit and start a business or some type of venture on my own. With my own rules, own time, own money, ALL ME." Then they will probably ask, "What type of business venture?" And I will respond, "I'm not sure yet. Maybe a strip club, an arts and craft shop, or maybe I can make a documentary of me traveling the world passing out free condoms, and other forms of birth control. Who know? But I know I will love doing it, whatever it is."

I can imagine the blank stares and "oh's" I will get from that answer...LOL.

No comments:

Seventeen Daily Freebie