Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Beautiful




That is the only word that I can use to describe what it means for me to have Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States of America...

My President is Black!! I can't say it enough...

Yesterday, as I was pulling into the place where I would be voting, I started tearing up out of nowhere. I think it really hit me that what I was doing was going to be apart of history. As I am typing this I am tearing up because it is just beautiful that FINALLY, FINALLY, we seem to be moving forward as a nation.

I could not bare to even watch the election results as they unfolded but luckily through Facebook I was kept up to date with the election and when I received a phone call from my friend screaming on the other end, I knew. And I immediately let out a sigh of relief. I had been holding my breath all day for Obama. And to watch his speech last night was Amazing. I wish I could have been there. The look on his face was beautiful, his wife's face, his kids faces, the people's faces, BEAUTIFUL.

I will admit that I never followed Obama throughout the campaign. I went to an Obama Rally but that was more of a it just happened type thing. And last night was the first time I actually sat down and watched Obama speak. It was Beautiful.

I will say this about McCain though, the part of his speech where he acknowledged that Obama winning was a historic and joyous occassion for African Americans was nice of him. At least he recognizes that. But I don't think he really understands. I didn't really understand until about two days ago how important this is. When I saw the status' on facebook and myspace about Obama, the pictures of the celebrations people had, it was just Beautiful. I literally tear up every single time I think about it. I can't say it enough- BEAUTIFUL.




I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!! (tear)

No comments:

Seventeen Daily Freebie