Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Please Don't Fail Me America

I turned to Channel 11 thinking I was going to watch Jeopardy at 7 pm, and I saw exactly what I've been avoiding ALL DAY...

Election talks...results...it was Obama 3, McCain 8, when I turned to the channel. And I tried to watch it but after I saw that only 22% of Virginia's African American population voted, I couldn't bare to watch anymore. Only 22%??? Really? My people, My People. And will be the first ones complaining if something went terribly wrong and Obama doesn't become president.

I can't watch it. I'm too anxious to find out who is going to win that I'd rather just hear the results than to watch them as they unfold. Its too much for me. Because if Barack Obama does not win, I will be so hurt. It won't seem real. He has to win. He is the obvious winner. Please don't let me down America. Lets do something right for once. Just this once.

No comments:

Seventeen Daily Freebie