Monday, November 10, 2008

Response to a Comment

"well we better free our minds and recoginze the real. he is one man and although he sounded good and this is historic, america has to want to change, not to mention many of us negro comfortable up in here. i just hope the red states dont take us back pre 1960"

I have heard so many people just simply talking about Obama in normal conversation. This weekend, my friend had a bday party, and a circle of guys were smoking weed and talking about Obama. I thought it was beautiful.

I don't think Obama is going to change the world. I know that real change is only gonna come when people, individually and collectively, decide to change. I really like Obama because he knows that too. He is always telling people to not only believe in his ability to change Washington, but our ability as well.

I don't think that on January 20th my life is going to immediately get better. In fact, I think it will probably be near the end of Obama's 1st 4 year term before we see any real significant signs of change. I learned that hard times for the economy comes in cycles. We experience a rise in economy, then a boom, then a fall. With Clinton, the economy was falling, but its when Bush got into office, and the decisions he made, that put us into a recession, damn near depression. So thats about 16 years of work that Obama is going to have to reverse. He's not a miracle worker, he is just the President. But I believe he is going to be a great president. A historic president, if not for all times, especially for these times. And he is black, so when I tell my children they can be whatever they want to be, I really mean it.

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

its on us now and to have his back we need to be critical and supportive, Obama has yet to deal with the structrual concerns of our economy in his proposals on the campaign trail , nor has Paulson or Bernake, we all just a Pay check away from a pink slip

Seventeen Daily Freebie