Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Damn Shame, BET should be STONED!!!

For there new "dating" show "The Boot." I don't usually watch BET unless I am going through the channels and nothing else is on and I happen to catch Soul Plane or Baby Boy on TV. Otherwise, I don't watch it, or better yet, WON'T watch it.

But yesterday, I was at my brother house and decided to just see what this "new" show was about. I will admit to watching Hell Date every once in a while, but mostly only when Im at my friends house. She watches BET faithfully.

But anyway, back to what I was saying. BET should be ASHAMED for even thinking to release this show. It is SUPPOSED to be a dating show that combines Blind Date, Elimidate, and any other dating show you could think of. But yet the show fails miserably for one reason, well two, ONE because its on BET, and two because it was SO OBVIOUS that these people were acting, and not even good acting at that.

For one, the guys on the show looked like they were in costume, and their names were King and Hustle King. The girls on the show were definitely acting because I noticed how when they were supposed to be mad and upset, they looked as if they were holding back smiles and laughter. The show is definitely scripted and it SUCKS!!!!! TERRIBLY!!!! Like BET is at an all-time low for me when they come out with shit like that. No wonder they didn't want to air that episode of Boondocks because I swear I believe it is DEFINITELY TRUE that all the executives at BET do not give a damn about Black people and are only collecting checks.

I'm not saying BET should turn to PBS for black people, but what they shouldn't do is contribute to the already abundant amounts of Public Displays of Coonery that is being projected on a world stage by all forms of media these days. Its bad when people you don't know make fun of you, but its even worse when YOUR OWN people do it. But I guess it should be expected because BET is not actually a Black-owned network anymore. But I know it has to be some niggas who work there who should actually speak up and make sure bullshit like "The Boot" and "Take the Cake" dont become staple shows of BET's network.

No comments:

Seventeen Daily Freebie