Sunday, May 25, 2008

If EVERYBODY says it, then its probably true

One thing that I've learned is that people don't change. Well most people don't change. Its hard to do once you get stuck in your ways. I can say that I am a very stubborn person. I do what I want, and don't care if anybody likes it, as long as I like it. I have TOO MUCH Pride for myself and it complicates alot of things (esp. relationships) but I can't change that.

But however, I can recognize when I am doing wrong and try to prevent it. I know that if picking on my little cousin hurts her feelings, I won't do it. I know that "being ruthless" as my mother calls it, makes her feel bad, I cut it out around her. I know that if I really like somebody, that swallowing my pride a little can help things go alot more smoothly.

Its all about knowing. I hate people who always complaining that people are hating on them. Okay, if its a few people hating on you then maybe we can attribute that to them just being haters. But if MASS AMOUNTS of people are so-called "hating" on you, then maybe its you. Maybe it really is something that YOU are doing that is making people not like you. And we as people try and act like we don't care what others think about us, but we do. (Even I can admit sometimes I do)

So my advice would be to just try and recognize what it is that you are doing to make people not like you. Nobody ever said you have to change who you are, but you can change how you act towards people. I have a friend who claims that everybody is always hating on him. And I know ALOT of people who just don't like him because of the way he comes off on people unknowingly. His problem is he doesn't recognize that you can't speak to people you don't know or just met like you talk to your friends that you've been knowing. People that know you understand that sometimes you can come off as an asshole and you don't mean anything by it but somebody who doesn't really know you, does not. And what you call "keeping it real" translates as "self-absorbed asshole" to people who don't know how you operate.

I know many people who act this way. They don't know the boundaries between people who you know and people you don't know. Well they have no boundaries actually, its all the same. And it can't be all the same, well it can't be if you don't like "haters," but if you do, just continue being the asshole you come off as.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

great advice sister

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yo peep this my folk did a review and interview on me so chk it http://pimpinpens.blogspot.com/2008/06/insights-and-highlifes-review-and_12.html

Seventeen Daily Freebie