Monday, May 12, 2008

Glow in the Dark (Raleigh, NC)

Its funny how things work out sometimes. I was leaving Greenville and on my way home after picking up my cousin from school. We were in the car talking about this Youtube video of this crazy ass ATL girl on the MARTA, and ended up missing my exit and found myself all the way in Raleigh, which is about 45 minutes out of the way.

So I basically decided that since I was in Raleigh, I may as well go by the Altell Pavilion and buy some tickets to go to the Glow in the Dark show that night. So my cousin and I bought 4 tickets, and found two other friends to go with us.

We always end up being on crunch time when we have somewhere to go. So by the time I got home, I had like 30 minutes to get ready and then had to be out to go pick up my friend from Chapel Hill and get back to Altell Pavilion by the time show started. That definitely didn't work out. We got to the show about 8:00, and Rhianna was probably about halfway through her set, which meant we missed Lupe and N.E.R.D. (DAMN...CP TIME ALWAYS GETS THE BEST OF ME)

But to my surprise, but not really, KANYE WAS EXCELLENCE. He stepped out on that spaceship stage and rocked song after song, for the next hour and a half. I didn't even realize how much I actually liked Kanye until I saw how crunk my friends and I were (except one) during the show. We had lawn seats but we were hype like we were front row, naw like we were on stage. And after the show, we got gifts. Kanye's book, Thank You and You're Welcome. A great inspirational book. I'll probably make my kids read it when I have some and they get old enough to read it. One of my favorite things from the book is the "Missing Bannister Theory" which talks about the priniciple of how you can walk up or down stairs with no problem if there is a railing, but if there isn't one you're so focused on falling that you are more wobbly and less balanced. (just to paraphrase in my own words LOL) But then it says, "When you're so focused on what you don't have, you won't have!!!" That officially made it to my life mottos. Thanx Kanye.

Also, Shoutout to the drunk ass white people who sat behind us. And by drunk I mean, LEANIN, SLIZZARD, WASTED, TRASHED, all of the above. And to Lisa, who wanted to talk and explain every move she made like we really cared. And then said "Please excuse us. You know how white people can get." Hey...At least she knows. LMAO.

No comments:

Seventeen Daily Freebie