Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Waiting for My Life Changing Experience

My brothers girlfriend and I were talking and she was telling me about how she tries to tell her cousins that they can't keep gliding through like thinking people are gonna always be there for them. That they will have a life changing experience one day and if they don't get on the right path, its gonna be a bad one and not a good one.

Well I think that applies to me as well. I don't think I'm on the wrong path, just maybe not the right one for me. But either way, I'm kinda ready for my life changing experience. I want something different. I want new surroundings. I want to meet new people. I'm tired of everybody assuming that I've dropped out of school. That my mother and I are too dependent on each other that we can't lead separate lives. Nobody says it to my face, but I know they say it. I know what they think. I know when they ask me when does school start again, they are just fishing to see if I'm still even in school. Or when they tell me about how their child will never come home from school to see them, they are just wondering why I'm always at home.

My mother told me that being tired of everything around me is actually a good sign because it means that I am actually ready to go out and be on my own. That I am really ready to be truly independent because for the most part I don't depend on too many people in my life. Mostly just my mother. I am so beyond ready to do things MY WAY. Good or bad. Right or Wrong. Whatever. I will learn the right way for me.

No comments:

Seventeen Daily Freebie