Wednesday, March 12, 2008

(Rolling My Eyes)

All my 21 years of life my mother has NEVER tried to make me do anything. She says because growing up she was forced to do alot of stuff by her parents that she hated doing. Luckily for her I was a great child growing up. Besides being very opinionated and expressive about my opinion, I was great. I never once did anything "bad" in my mother's eyes, maybe to some of my aunts and uncles eyes but not to my mama.

But today, out of nowhere, she is trying to tell me what to do. And I don't know why she is even wasting her breath because she knows once I wrap my mind around doing something, I am going to do it. No matter what. She can get mad but she won't stay mad for long. I love my mama to death, but I've been making decisions on my own for what seems like forever now. We have a great relationship except when it comes to things that I want to do. She always has something to say about it. I respect her opinion but I don't care for it. And she knows that. And she always tries to make it seem like what I want to do can wait, but in this case, she wants me to wait for her. And Im not. And its not even that serious, I'm just going out of town for a few days, and she wants to act like I'm moving across the country. I don't really have to go, I just want to, and there is nothing wrong with that. I know why she wants me to wait for her, but she is a grown ass woman, and she made the decisions in her life, and I will make the decisions in mine. Good or Bad, Right or Wrong.

1 comment:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

just listen, but do what is in your heart first

Seventeen Daily Freebie