Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Black Man in a Suit

StoryTime:

So I was leaving the nail salon with my younger cousin, age 16, and we were at a stop light and saw this black man with braids in his hair wearing wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase, and my cousin proceeds to say

Cousin: "Now he suppose to be professional, he needs to take those braids out and cut his hair"

Me: "Why?"

Cousin: "Because you're not suppose to have braids if you have a professional job"

And this is where I commence to get on my soapbox...

Me: "See, thats what the system wants you to believe. Just because he has braids has nothing to do with the work that he is capable of doing. They want you to conform. They want you to be JUST like them. Its all a trap. (yelling out the window) Keep Your Hair...

And then as Im talking, a crazy ass looking white man walks across the street wearing a suit and holding a briecase...

Me: "Now look at the crazy ass looking white man. I bet nobody ever told his ass he should change his face cause he look crazy as hell. Fuck that, Im hiring the black guy cause at least he don't look like he'd come shoot everybody in the office if he got laid off.


Keep Your Hair Sir. Fuck Em.

2 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

I wear suits at least 3 days a week. how ya been and how is the novel coming?

Muah!!! said...

Im doing good. I went to your site recently and saw your book cover. Nice.

My novel, however, is not coming along at all at the moment. I've been sidetracked, as I always am, and kinda detoured, but I'll be back to it. I have a feeling that soon I will have nothing but time. So I will start then. No rush right? lol

Seventeen Daily Freebie